BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » Sunday morning traditions
August 29, 2011

Sunday morning traditions

By Anna | 6 Comments »

As the Bamacross season approaches (1 month to go!), the Bici team has gotten into a groove of Sunday morning practicing, followed by brunch at our favorite local spot for yummy food and brilliant live music, Bottletree Cafe. I’m proud that I’ve gotten a bit more serious about training up this year, and hope that this season will be a little more successful than the last.

However, I gotta say that Cyclocross was not created for above 90F temps. Many days end with me feeling like my whole head is literally on fire, and that’s when I slam on the brakes, tear my helmet off, slump onto a bench, and enjoy watching the boys chasing each other. Portland, you got some things going for you this time of year (who am I kidding…all year), but at least I’ll enjoy my season mostly free of freezing rain and mud.

Comments

1. On August 29th, 2011 jj said:

cross without mud? sacrilege! the freezing rain i could do without, but not the mud.

2. On August 29th, 2011 Anna C said:

Oh no, we have mud, but not the freezing/frozen type. Last year was seriously lacking in mud over the season (horrible dust), but we did have a bit. The year before was nothing but!

3. On August 29th, 2011 Steve A said:

Cyclocross without a mud pit isn’t really cyclocross. Even if the mud has to be artificially created.

4. On August 30th, 2011 lowrah said:

Doesn’t it feel good when you meet training goals? Even when your goal is “train today”. =] Go, grrrl!

5. On August 30th, 2011 elisa m said:

I am so sad to miss cross season. Louisiana has no cross scene to speak of. What am I going to do during the fall? Watch football…ugh. Go Saints, I guess.

6. On September 2nd, 2011 Dottie said:

Extreme heat notwithstanding, that must be a great way to spend a Sunday morning. You have a sense of accomplishment for the week, plus you can eat whatever you want for brunch and it’s all fuel. :)