BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » Superhero cyclists
August 19, 2011

Superhero cyclists

********************************************************************

Whenever I change from my sweaty ride to work clothes (on the days when I don’t wear my work clothes to ride…like when it is 100 degrees), I always feel like a superhero. Going into the bathroom (no more phone booths) and changing and coming out a different person: poof!

**************************************************************************

By morning and night she is a hard core cyclist, weaving in and out of traffic, saving the earth and looking good doing it. By day she is a farmers market manager, wearing sundresses and being diplomatic and nice.

*****************************************************************************

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Comments

1. On August 19th, 2011 vee said:

Hi, have just started reading your blog and love it :) I totally feel superher-ish when i do my commute ride – changing from sweaty lycra to nice-and-pretty surely deserves a cape! These days my superhero outfits are ONLY clothes that remain crease free (yay for dresses!)

2. On August 19th, 2011 Steve A said:

The image of Superman changing to Clark Kent comes to my mind.

3. On August 20th, 2011 John Romeo Alpha said:

That would mean that, similar to Clark Kent, the cyclist is my true self, while the work person is the costume I put on to fit in and hide my true self by blending in with the average working Joes of Planet Earth. Yes, that works for me.

4. On August 20th, 2011 Kara said:

This is an awesome post. You got the whole superhero thing down, my friend. You look very powerful in all you outfits.

5. On August 20th, 2011 Krista said:

I feel the same way some days. I get to work all sweaty, hair a hot mess, and red faced from suffering the hills. 15 minutes later i’m all made up and looking as if I was never on the bike lol. Just reinforces the fact that I don’t need a car to keep my appearance for work. :D

6. On August 23rd, 2011 happy_to_pedal said:

Hello, have been enjoying this site for a while. Very unique and lots of fun. I’m afraid my super hero days were short lived as I attempted a failed commute from Gardendale to my office downtown last week, 13 miles down Hwy 31. My friends (cycling and non-cycling) gave me bravery points for attempting it, combined with equal points for sheer stupidity. I made it in that morning in great time but got “squeezed” by traffic in several spots. The afternoon was worse, culminating in a bailout at the south end of Fultondale after riding into the grass shoulder to avoid becoming the hood ornament on a semi. Called my wife to be picked up in the sport family truckster, she accepted my early retired cape with praise and support for trying, but it still SUCKED to give up. Sure would love a dedicated bike lane.