Mountain bikes, yes!
Yep, it happened. Rossitron built me up a sweet old mountain bike and yesterday he and I went down to Oak Mountain for my maiden voyage on some BUMP trails.
I learned a few things:
1. 10 grain muffins are delicious pre-ride food!
2. I have a major fear of buzzy bugs that I really need to get over.
3. Anyone got a spare suspension fork lying around that I can have? I felt a little scrambled after.
4. BMX pedals are not the best choice. Gotta get new pedals with grips.
The injury came from riding over a sizable root hard enough to knock my feet off the pedals and slam my shin into one at the same time. The pedals were BMX style, with fairly significant grippy pegs that just jammed right on in and caused a killer blood splatter. Ew.
5. More camo me thinks.
6. Rossitron is a very patient and wonderful man. I warned him ahead of time that I might very well be a complete bitch while we were riding (stress + frustration + exhaustion = Anna from hell), and he still wanted to take me. Dawwww.
7. Mountain bikes are fun!
Yeah, it was awesome. The bike still needs a little bit of work before it rides perfectly, but I’m ready to get right back on my steed and go for a much longer ride.
Now I have 4 bikes of my own in my house, along with the boy’s 5. We’re looking into the possibility of a pulley system. Do any of you have interesting storage solutions for so many bicycles that must stay inside the home?!