BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » That kind of girl
February 17, 2011

That kind of girl

I just started taking ballet classes a few weeks ago. Naturally, I ride my bike to and from class. Last week it was 27 degrees and windy, making my riding attire pretty hilarious, but tonight was balmy and perfect. Riding is actually the perfect warm-up and cool down, making me less sore the next day.

Somehow on the way, I cut my knee (I think it was carrying the bike up the stairs at Alabama Ballet Company). Because you do not hold up ballet class, I just put on my shoes and got in line on the barre. Throughout class, I kept feeling the cut get bigger every time we pliƩd. By the end of class, I had a 3 inch trail of blood through my tights. Back on the bike to ride home, then finally peeling off the bloodied tights and taking a hot shower.

I told a friend of mine this story and her response “You are just that kind of girl.” Yes I am, and I like it.

Comments

1. On February 18th, 2011 Kara said:

That is so hard core. You are awesome!

2. On February 18th, 2011 Cyclin' Missy said:

I love that you’re that kind of girl! You should be proud.

3. On February 18th, 2011 Cyclin' Missy said:

Also…those socks are capital “A” awesome.

4. On February 20th, 2011 Jack in Portland said:

We just had our ‘Worst Day of the Year’ ride here in Portland, and I’m sure you would have done the route all the way (the 18 or the 40-miler) without a teardrop. Way to go! Your dedication – and deference to the rule about not holding up your ballet class – reminds me of Natalie Portman in Black Swan. Intense! Now, if you’ll forgive me, I have to tell you I really :) do like your tights and skirt in your post-class pic. I benefited from your owie – life can be harsh sometimes. Not at all coincidental I’m sure that one of the post-tags I see here is “nice legs”. That’s what ballet and miles of bicycling will do for a girl. Also – I’m a big fan of bicycling in skirts and dresses (that’s how I found this site-what a great blog name-Bikeskirt), and your outfit is super cute! I love the soft boots, colored socks and short skirt – I wish I’d been there to see you ride by. Thanks also for being visible on the road. Too many riders here in Portland wear all dark clothing and have no lights on their bikes.

5. On February 20th, 2011 Elisa M said:

Thanks everyone. I find it so funny that people keep making Black Swan references about my bloody knee…it was just a couple of inches of blood with nothing psychotic or suicidal about it. :)

6. On February 28th, 2011 Hannah said:

I can’t get over how amazing your socks are…

1. Hump Day Roundup » Cyclelicious