August 5, 2010

Bloggy Meet Up

By Anna | 10 Comments »

While in Portland, I met up with Tammy and Logan from Rowdy Kittens.  We rode bikes, we ate burritos, and we drank delicious beer at a dedicated beer and bikes bar.  It was heavenly, a magical place!I loved meeting Logan and Tammy.  They are great people who are doing what they love where they are most happy.  We didn’t talk much about their simple living goals, more about Portland as a cycling city (they gave great advice on where to ride in town and even brought a map for me), but next time I’d love to hear more about their passions and the whole tiny house movement, which is a completely foreign concept to me.  More power to them!
The bar was decorated with all sorts of bike stuff, and they had a big screen showing cycling movies, and some random surfing stuff.  The beer we had was truly delicious stuff, especially that chocolate stout, of which brewery I cannot recall.  Mmmmm chocolate stout…being that it’s 10:30 am I don’t think it’s quite beer time…yet ; )

This bike rack was specifically for the bar.  Insane!

Comments

1. On August 5th, 2010 John A said:

That place is awesome. Friends took me there when I visited from Sacramento.

What bike map did they give you? I didn’t have time on my last visit, but plan to ride on my next.

2. On August 5th, 2010 jj said:

aw you were in my neighborhood! mere blocks from my house! glad you had a good trip here. you should come back during Cross Crusade for a race :)

3. On August 5th, 2010 2whls3spds said:

Beer time is anytime if you aren’t working ;-)

We have been working a crappy shift (midnight to 0800am) So now beer thirty is 9am :-D

Aaron

4. On August 6th, 2010 Elisa M said:

They are adorable, the cafe looks awesome. I am jealous.

5. On August 8th, 2010 Logan said:

It was fantastic to meet you Anna. :) I’m sorry my advice on the Rivercity bike shop was off. We have seen local handmade bikes at that shop previously but it wasn’t until I we parted that I remembered that Both Sacha White of Vanilla and Natalie Ramsland of Sweetpea now have 4 year waiting lists! The only time we see these bikes lately are under happy people riding very fast. :) Let us know when you make it back to Portland. We’d love to meet Elisa as well. Gonna have to plan a trip to Birmingham. :)

6. On August 8th, 2010 Logan said:

I forgot to mention I told my Mom about y’all and she mentioned she was born in Birmingham, AL and told me I probably have long lost cousins around that country. :)

Cheers!

7. On August 8th, 2010 Logan said:

Sorry for all the comments! The brewer of the chocolate stout was “Rogue” I believe. We did a tasting at the Rogue brew house last night (just 8 blocks from our house!) and they also have a double chocolate stout that is even better! :)

8. On August 9th, 2010 dwainedibbly said:

Mrs Dibbly & I recently moved to Portland. Wow! What a great city!

I can’t tell from the photo, but it might be the “Bike There!” map. Locally you can get them from Powell’s, among other places. check the Powell’s web site. The latest version is $9, but well worth it for a newcomer.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ’0 which is not a hashcash value.

9. On August 14th, 2010 Jennifer said:

Hi! I’m a skirt-wearing cyclist from Eugene OR who just added your blog to my favorites. I started following your blog ever since I stumbled on it last winter during the rainy season here. Where is this fabulous bar you are talking about? What’s it called? My husband and I go up to PDX from time to time and we will have to go to this place! –jennifer

10. On August 16th, 2010 deborah said:

Hey Jennifer – The bar is called Apex. It’s at the corner of 12th and Division in the southeast. Me and my husband live right around the corner and Apex is one our favorite places to bike to and from. :)