BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » a milestone
November 2, 2009

a milestone

Yesterday I looked down at my bike computer and saw a startling number…1000! This may not sound like much, but I got this computer at the end of May, and it was my goal to hit 1000 this year. Considering this started 6 months in, I did a 24 hour race without it (oops) and rode other bikes for a 10 day trip, I am pretty damn proud.

I wonder if I can get to 1500 by the end of the year?

Any big cycling milestones for you?

Comments

1. On November 2nd, 2009 Arcanum said:

I hit 1000 miles around the beginning of October (started counting a couple weeks into May). There’s a distinct possibility I’ll hit 1500 before we get too much snow to ride.

2. On November 2nd, 2009 Ghost Rider said:

I set a goal of 2000 miles this year…and reached it at the beginning of October. Usually I scramble to pack in miles to reach my goal around Christmastime, but this year it’s smooth sailing!

Great job, E. — having no car definitely makes these goals a lot easier to reach, eh?

3. On November 2nd, 2009 Steve A said:

Well, y’all brag about your mileage. You deserve a pat on the back. I’ve got TWO milestones! I started my own blog and I’ll soon do my first cross race.

4. On November 2nd, 2009 Jeff said:

I don’t really have a milestone, just a moving goal: To commute to work for as long as I can. I’ve got lights in the front and rear and I’ve got plenty of running clothes to layer with. Now, if only the snow–or worse, freezing rain…love Columbus, Ohio :| will stay away, I’m set.

5. On November 2nd, 2009 dcbrewer said:

I am nearing 6000 on my cyclometer, though I have been using it for a bit longer than you. I have mine working in metric, though. It makes it seem like you are both going faster and farther that way!

6. On November 3rd, 2009 welshcyclist said:

1000 milestone, here’s to you and many more happy cycling miles,

7. On November 5th, 2009 Sarah said:

I got my bike at a rummage sale in May. I hadn’t ridden a bike in many years, and I’m not exactly fit. I hit 300 miles a bit ago, which to me, is an amazing feat!

1,000 miles is amazing. Keep up the great work (and looking awesome while doing it!)

8. On November 8th, 2009 Wade Kwon said:

No milestones for me, but congrats, Elisa! Very impressive.