April 16, 2009

100 miles baby!

I just looked at my new bike computer and I have officially hit 100 miles… in less than a week! Sure I had a 70 mile ride in one day, but I still think 100 miles in a week is not too shabby.

Wonder how many I can get in a month? This is going to be fun!

Comments

1. On April 17th, 2009 2whls3spds said:

Go for it…when I was living car free/light my annual mileage ran from a low of around 3200 miles to a one year high of 5600.

Aaron(who no longer worries about miles ridden…just riding!)

2. On April 17th, 2009 Carla Jean said:

I’m impressed! My newbie miles per week is somewhere around 15.

3. On April 17th, 2009 wle said:

i did 7500 one year
    when i wasn;t working
    that was a lot

i’m no tommy lupo though
    he has no car, no license even, in atlanta
    he did 21,000 one year
    local celebrity :)

but 100 is good

wle.

4. On April 17th, 2009 Philip said:

There is probably 98% of the worlds population that have not done that,or never will, which puts it into perspective and makes it quite an achievement. If you add in the good to the enviroment its priceless.

5. On April 17th, 2009 spiderleggreen said:

Excellent!

Last year, I counted my commute miles on a local transit site and got over 1000 miles from June to November. It’s a good way to encourage yourself. This year I don’t know if I’m going to count miles. I think I’m going to set goals, like riding to work 4 days a week(that’s 100 miles). However you get motivated to ride is up to you, but ride.

6. On April 19th, 2009 Carolyn said:

I love bike computers. It’s amazing what one can rack up on their bikes. I’m glad I got one installed with my new bike. I can brag to those non-bikers. :)

7. On April 20th, 2009 velofolk said:

Yeah, bike computers too often get a bad rap, “guilty buy association” with racers and the like. I took my computer off of my everyday, all-purpose commuter bike, but I still have one on the bike I ride for sport. It provides a different sort of motivation, and I find it tremendously exciting and rewarding to see the miles add up.