February 3, 2009

We have arrived!

Check Anna out at BikeCommuters.com today! This site is amazing and offers tons of support, tips and general bike commuting wonderfulness.

They asked each of us to submit a profile, so stayed tuned for BikeSkirt Part II!

UPDATE: My (elisa) profile was just posted. We feel so cool!

Thanks Ghost Rider…it was a blast doing this!

Everyone-stop what you are doing and head over there. Bookmark it. It is that good. for a bike commuter, it is an indispensable tool.

Comments

1. On February 3rd, 2009 Emily Davis said:

I tried to leave a comment on the other site (wouldn’t let me). Anyways this is fantastic. I have seen alot more folks on the road. I really think it’s in part because of this movement. I hope to join after the baby comes!

2. On February 3rd, 2009 GhostRider said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it…and we’ll be getting to your own profile in a day or two.

@Emily — did you get a specific error message when you tried to post a comment on Bikecommuters.com? You don’t need any sort of account, but you DO need to type in an email address where specified (can be a fake one; just needs the “@” symbol for authentication). Let me know if it keeps happening and I’ll see what I can do to approve your comments.

3. On February 3rd, 2009 GhostRider said:

I should have added, “aw, you’re too kind — profiles and stories and photos like yours make my job VERY easy to do!”

4. On February 3rd, 2009 Sasquatch said:

Nice blog. Good to see there are some bicyclists in Birmingham. I’m going to be there in March for the Davis Cup tennis, and quite honestly, I haven’t heard too many good things about your city from the research I’ve done. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

5. On February 3rd, 2009 Anna said:

Yes! I am so excited about being profiled; I feel like a rockstar! Emily, you absolutely must ride with us after the babe arrives!
    And Mr. Sasquatch, you have to search, but there are definitely gems around the ‘ham that you need to check out on your visit. The Civil Rights Museum is wonderful, and there are a few parks around that have good trails for hiking or mountain biking. If you’re into music and are up for checking out a random band, the Bottletree Cafe is amazing. Let us know when you’re around and we’ll hook you up with some fun stuff!

6. On February 3rd, 2009 Anna said:

And of course, thanks again Ghost Rider. Love all around!

7. On February 3rd, 2009 Shek said:

bikecommuters rock…especially Ghost…

8. On February 3rd, 2009 spiderlegreen said:

Nice job!

GhostRider should work with some of these other bike-blogger-babes and make a regular series. Just a suggestion.

9. On February 4th, 2009 GhostRider said:

@Spiderlegreen — commuter profiles ARE a recurring series on our site…we’ve been doing it for 3 years or so.

I’ve asked a variety of other female commuters to submit profiles through email, Facebook and other outlets and I get initial interest, but often do not hear back from them.

I was lucky enough that these badasses from Bike Skirt were VERY enthusiastic to the idea (thank you so much!!), and I’ve also managed to convince the lovely ladies of “Let’s Go Ride a Bike” to submit profiles to us.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, female commuters are woefully underrepresented on many/most cycling sites…so we’re trying to change that one profile at a time! Glad y’all like it, and stay tuned for more.