BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » But it felt so right
January 27, 2009

But it felt so right

By Anna | 10 Comments »

Here’s what I wore to ride today (new skirt!).  The weather was amazing!  I ended up riding sans tights later because it was so warm, and it was strange to think that I was bare legged in the middle of January.  But that’s how we play here in the south folks.

Also, this is my other bike, a LeMond Tourmalet.
A final note: I didn’t get asked to my prom either.  Damn you high school.

Comments

1. On January 27th, 2009 letsgorideabike said:

You look great – I love the outfit!! I covet your skirt and your warm weather.

-Dottie

2. On January 28th, 2009 anna said:

Wow, great. It looks like a gorgeous afternoon in the fall. I like cycling with skirts in the winter too, but I never had the luck to be able to do that without tights. I’m already happy if I don’t have to wear gloves ;-) .
    Greetings from Austria, Anna

3. On January 28th, 2009 Elisa M said:

you are so cool and badass looking! yeah bikeskirt hotties.

4. On January 28th, 2009 Johnny said:

I’d give up coffee for two days for weather like that this week:)

5. On January 28th, 2009 letsgorideabike said:

Cute outfit! But how in the world could it be that warm in B’ham when we had freezing rain (and snow today!)? Not. Fair. ;)

~Trisha

6. On January 29th, 2009 enjoy said:

i have those target boots! they look so goofy on me though, i think, because of my short legs.

7. On January 31st, 2009 Mikael said:

Copenhagen loves you! Wonderful shot!

8. On January 31st, 2009 m e l i g r o s a said:

adorable – this is super!

9. On February 4th, 2009 Palm Beach Bike tours said:

Trust me, proms are overrated.

My senior year in high school, I found out that my best buddy, who was a bit of a cad, wasn’t going to ask his long-time girlfriend, also a senior, to our senior prom.

I went to my girlfriend at the time, who was a junior, and told her that I’d really hate to see our friend miss her senior prom and wanted to know if she would be horribly disappointed if I asked the friend to go instead of her.

When she said she understood what I was doing and why, then I knew I had found the right girl for me. We’ll celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this year.

10. On February 5th, 2009 GhostRider said:

I went to see Bad Brains instead of going to my senior prom. I had a MUCH better time!!!