BikeSkirt » Blog Archive » perfect for riding on those hot southern days?
January 5, 2009

perfect for riding on those hot southern days?

and I think I get weird looks riding in a skirt?!

photo from Urban Cycling Chic

1. On January 6th, 2009 Anya said:

we must do this. seriously. bici fundraiser???

2. On January 7th, 2009 Elisa M said:

Anna-you. are. genius.
    we will talk about this in the next meeting.

3. On January 7th, 2009 Yokota Fritz said:

That photo looks like a typical day on BART. This stuff doesn’t even merit a second look in San Francisco.

In California, cycling in skirts also isn’t too unusual, so think of yourself as the vanguard of California Cycle Chic style in Birmingham!

4. On January 7th, 2009 Krista said:

What about us tomboys that don’t like wearing skirts? :D A nice pair of rolled up jeans on the right leg (as to not get it caught on the chain wheel).

I am looking forward to following your blog. I am moving to Europe this spring and plan on doing lots of commuting by bicycle there. I commute on occasion but not as much as I probably should.

As for the picture…All I can say is that has got to be an uncomfortable ride unless her seat is well cushioned lol and a painful fall at that!

5. On January 8th, 2009 Elisa M said:

Krista-I often ride in jeans rolled up. It is what I ride in for my ‘athletic’ rides! I have to wear skirts most of the time b/c my height makes buying jeans a…challenge. good luck in Europe!

6. On January 12th, 2009 Anya said:

oh i didn’t think about falling…we just won’t succumb to that weakness.

7. On January 13th, 2009 Natalie_S said:

“Cycling is an everyday transport choice and many cyclists choose to wear their regular clothes” I love how this doesn’t say “some of their regular clothes” or “their regular underclothing.” Wouldn’t that…chafe?